Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deepest, Bluest, My Hand is like Shark's Fin


Today I spent a lot of time on YouTube looking at shit and I was reminded of how awesomely hilarious Deep Blue Sea is. This might be the best scene of this movie. For some reason Samuel L. Jackson has become completely exempt from all the rules of making/being in a terrible movie. How many bad movies has this guy been in and still be allowed to make another one, if reality was anything like Entourage he would be back in Queens Boulevard like Vinny Chase. Man has that show gone downhill after the 2nd season. Back to Samuel L. Jackson, you really have to admire the man, he does whatever movies he wants with absolutely no repercussions. I love every movie the man does and he has earned the right to do any movie he wants. Now respect the man and go watch Snakes On A Plane immediately.

3 comments:

JDP said...

It's true. SLJ has found some kind of Hollywood loophole. There needs to be a "Jackson Rule" recorded in the cinematic rulebook. How would that rule even read? I'm not sure. Maybe "If you have an iconic role in at least two badass movies and you talk REALLY loud all the time and embrace your image of a very cool black man, which you must be, you may subsequently star in whatever the shit you feel like and people will like you, no matter how absurd your film choices may be."

I fucking LOVE this movie though. What a great premise. Really, super seriously smart sharks, a result of Alzheimers research, duh, decide they've been fucked with for the last time. And how about LL Cool J as Preach the chef! And let's not forget his parrot. What was his name? I forget.

My hand is like a shark's fin. That is what he says right? Arguably the most non-sensically awesome rap chorus ever recorded.

Freshies said...

Thanks Puder for pointing out my typo. I think I probably have 10 typos in every post. Gotta keep me on my toes. And about the Jackson Rule I completely agree. Now, who else do you think could abide by this rule at the present moment: Nick Cage perhaps or maybe he just has always done shitty films except for Face-Off.

JDP said...

I think Nic Cage is the closest parallel, for sure. He is our white SLJ. The thing is he's more unintentionally funny than cool. Just look at this list of recent greatness:

Bangkok Dangerous
National Treasure 2
Next
Grindhouse
Ghost Rider
The Wicker Man

Talk about a winning streak!!

Face Off. That's what I'm talking about. Castor Troy easily makes the "best villain names ever" list.